At AMCP 2022, Abarca was selected to present a poster detailing the results of the first two years of its home delivery program—Triple S en Casa—that was launched for a commercial health plan client in Puerto Rico. Hector Zeno, Product Owner in Clinical Products & Services, was onsite in Chicago to answer questions and discuss the results with event attendees.
This program was the first of its kind on the island and was critical in increasing medication access for thousands of members during the pandemic.
Among other results, the presentation highlighted that:
- Patients who used the app experienced a year-over-year increase in adherence, with an average increase of 36%.
- Since launching the home delivery program, Abarca has seen an 8% year-over-year increase in claims for 90-day supplies of medications–a key indicator of ongoing adherence.
- 72.5% of all claims from the home delivery program have been for 90-day supplies.
- There has been a 46% increase in registered users since Jan. 1, 2021.
- This program received a 65 Net Promoters Score, versus the retail pharmacy average of 28, based on recent studies from the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy.
To learn more about the home delivery program, read the case study.