While there is never a bad time to be an Abarcan, 2019 was our best year yet. Here’s a look back at a few of our proudest moments:
- Employee-led initiatives. Abarca team members took the reins in creating exciting new programs that will make healthcare awesome for our clients and community. Through the Better Care Community Program, we provided much-needed volunteer and financial support to local healthcare non-profits across Puerto Rico. The IGNITE Internship Program enabled us to mentor the healthcare leaders of tomorrow. Each of these endeavors had a successful first year, and we are looking forward to repeating and expanding them in the years to come.
- Opportunities to engage pharmacists. We relaunched our RxTarget reward-for-performance program to make it easier for pharmacists to support their customers and improve community health. Powered by Darwin, the program is already seeing meaningful results.
- Innovative drug contracts. Abarca announced its latest value-based agreements with a leading drug manufacturer late last year. This new partnership with Amgen allows us to issue refunds to our commercial clients when their members stop treatment for Enbrel, the company’s leading cholesterol-lowering drug, within the first three months.
- Recognition from our peers. For the second year in a row, Abarca earned a PBMI Excellence Award. This year’s award was even more meaningful, as it recognized the company’s rapid response in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
- Meaningful growth. In 2019, Abarca continued to expand, taking on new clients and roughly 1 million new lives. We also welcomed nearly 100 new Abarcans to our family, and we are still hiring
We may only be a few weeks into the new year, but we are already All In. Our team never stops working to find innovative ways to support our mission and deliver a better experience for our clients, partners, and members–and we can’t wait to see what 2020 holds.