Abarca is a different kind of PBM and a different kind of company. Our organization was built upon six unique core values that guide every aspect of our business, from the solutions we offer to the way we interact with each other.
At Abarca, our values aren’t just words we put on a wall: they are standards we uphold and principles to live by. To keep our team united in our mission as they work remotely, we needed to find ways to affirm our corporate culture.
The Talent Strategy team created distinct tracks that ensure Abarcans can quickly identify and access the resources they need, including:
A multi-faceted advancement program that includes well-defined career paths, leadership tracks, and an open feedback culture to develop talent.
- Tuition Reimbursement – An employee-driven program that empowers Abarcans to pursue further education and professional certifications to advance their careers at Abarca, and beyond.
- Leadership Journey – A 12-week training program that gives Abarcans the skills to become leaders in their current roles and propel them towards future opportunities.
- Leaders Learning Series – A 4-week educational series, this year’s program focused on tools and resources for working remotely during COVID-19.
A carefully curated employee benefits program that gives Abarcans both support and flexibility to nurture talent and make their workplace work for them.
- Holistic Wellness Program – Adapted to accommodate better remote working, this program offers a holistic approach to wellness, including virtual coffee breaks with life coaches, cooking classes, story time for children of employees, and open conversations between employees to keep them connected during social distancing.
- Fitness Program – To make it easier for our employees to exercise while working remote, we sent participating Abarcans a box of fitness gear for at-home workouts.
- Recognition Program – Abarcans are encouraged to recognize their team members for going above and beyond. The organization recently took this program online and has incorporated a point system that allows participants to earn prizes.
Our Talent Strategy team also worked to give employees tools to stay connected to Abarca’s unique culture while working virtually, such as:
- Promoting a multi-channel internal campaign to educate employees on the company’s core values and the opportunities available across the organization.
- Fostering connections between team members by highlighting employee stories, devising team building activities, and making the leadership team accessible to every Abarcan.
- Soliciting and executing on employee feedback to see what is working and where they can improve and putting the results into action.
Recently, a global HR consulting firm conducted an employee survey to gauge Abarcan engagement and find ways the company could improve. As a result of the Talent Strategy team’s efforts, Abarca saw a significant year-over-year increase in employee approval and engagement in key areas across the company.
Based on these scores, Abarca was recognized as a Best Employer by the HR firm, demonstrating the power of the company’s culture across the healthcare industry, and beyond.
Now that’s a better way.
To download the case study, click here.